Opening 2 castles for WOE

Share your feedback, ideas, and suggestions on how to improve OriginRo - we'd love to hear your ideas!
Zeno

Opening 2 castles for WOE

Postby Zeno » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:34 am

Hi GMs and all the players out there, I have a suggestion regarding WOE to share, which you all can see from my subject title: Opening 2 castles for WOE. Please allow me to explain the benefits for this.

Current situation:
For about a month now, there are only 2 major guilds actively participating in WOE and I really don't see a competitive 3rd guild coming any time soon. Partly due to the reason both guilds are trying to recruit members aggressively to fight one another, and also due to the slow growing population.

The problem I see:
The WOE right now is kind of one-sided as the winning guild has been hogging the castle every single week.

Possible outcomes:
Good: The guild that is currently being beaten will be motivated to train hard and someday overthrow the winning guild.

Bad: The tide of battle continues for a few more weeks or even months, some players (including the ones from winning guild) might lose interest slowly.

Benefits for opening 2 castles:
For the winning guild: This will give them a much challenging objective which is to conquer BOTH castles at the same time. It will not be an easy feat. They will have to strategize defending and attacking at the same time.

For the beaten guild: It will massively boost their odds to conquer a castle, a valuable chance to enjoy the WOE treasures just like the winning guild. This is because it is extremely difficult for the winning guild to defend 2 castles at the same time.

For new and weaker guilds: Now they can actually have a chance to sneak into any one of the two castles if it is left loosely guarded. This can occur while the 2 major guilds are busy fighting one another. There will be no such chance for new and weaker guilds if there is only 1 castle opened, mainly because everyone in the world will be focusing on that.

For the economy: With 1 more opened castle, more zeny will be required for points investing. This will result in a higher demand for zeny which will in turn stimulate the economy. Making zeny more valuable.

Summary:
In my opinion, this is a fair suggestion to make the current WOE more enjoyable and fun as it requires much more thinking and strategizing. Isn't this what war is about? Anticipating and predicting your opponent's next move. Even without the possible bad outcome, this is still a good suggestion just for the benefits of it.

I have finished saying my part. Now it's up to the community to voice out and the GMs to decide. Peace out. :D

HypeR

Re: Opening 2 castles for WOE

Postby HypeR » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:01 pm

Hey all,
Zeno, I think its a great suggestion
I think it will increase our chance of getting and holding a castle and it will give more edge to the WoE

Thumbs up for creating this topic

I'll add to the suggestion and ask to open a castle in other towns and no prontera

Thanks!

R00tMan

Postby R00tMan » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:17 pm

Nicely written, upvote.
Time is music planets make~

Amora

Postby Amora » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:41 am

I like the idea 8-)

idan5060

Postby idan5060 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:43 pm

i like the idea too:P

OriginRo
Site Admin

Postby OriginRo » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:34 am

Hey Everyone,
so, after hearing you out, in-game and on forums,
i've got to say, there are good reasons to open another castle at this momment and there are good reasons not to as well

i've heard a lot of opinions, but the majority calls for a 2nd castle.
so, we shall add another castle to the fight.

we shall do a server update on friday on which the 2nd castle will be opened for the fight

I wish you all good luck !

topic locked

Return to “Suggestions”